About "THE RESILIENCE PROGRAM"
This is a great program to invest in if you want to learn how to make sure you don't burn out in your job, or if you feel burnt out, it will show you what you can do to ignite change and gain more psychological resilience. The aim of the workshop is to give you various tools and techniques to cope better in everyday life. This workshop isn't designed to give you psychological therapy, rather the aim of the workshop is to teach you evidence-based coping tools, techniques and strategies to improve your quality of life.
Working with animals is, in my opinion, one of the most gratifying jobs, however it is also a very demanding job. It doesn't matter if you work as a dog trainer, in animal welfare or as a veterinarian. You will see a lot of things that compromise the welfare of animals and you can't always change that. You will have to make tough decisions. You see a lot of things that are simply wrong. There are days where your gut is telling you this won't end well and you might feel helpless, as there is only so much you can do. Unfortunately, the animal industry is very prone to burn out and has a high depression rate. Paws In Life is here to coach people about how to deal with such challenging moments, and how to find fulfillment and joy in their job in the long run.
The following topics will be addressed in the 6 session RESILIENCE Program:
- Psycho-education about burn out, how it develops and what it looks like
- All the techniques and tools will be personally tailored to your needs, you won't get a "one size fits all" approach
- Teaching you coping skills to deal with your painful thoughts and feelings effectively - in such a way that they have much less impact and influence over you
- Helping you to clarify what is truly important and meaningful to you - i.e. your values - then use that knowledge to boost your resilience and implementing actions that resemble your values and needs
- You will learn about stress management
- You will hear about what research tells us helps people be resilient, and how you can implement that knowledge in your life
- You will learn more about what your personal "warning" signs are, and how you can use your strengths to manage things in a more effective way
- You will get support while you are implementing the new learnt strategies, and we will assess together if they are helpful for you or if we need to look at alternatives
- Establishing a wellness-plan that summarises your strengths and resources
The program is based on evidence-based techniques from Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy. This is a one-on-one program, and you can access this program via Skype or visit me in my consulting rooms. Please be assured that we treat your information confidential and safely.
If you are working for a larger organisation and would like to equip your colleagues with tools to stay more resilient, have a higher job satisfaction, take less sick leave and reduce your turnover rate, please contact us, as we offer workshops as well. Another option is if you have a few friends who are interested in this topic, we can host an intense workshop which covers everything in one day.
Curious? Contact us. We would love to get to know you.